Application changes coming to OBT
January 13, 2021
Beginning in the summer of 2021, the Otto Bremer Trust will implement a new grant application process. We believe this new process will provide a better platform for OBT’s growing philanthropic work in our four-state region. Rest assured, OBT’s commitment to serving communities with our responsive approach will remain paramount.
Here’s what you need to know:
- A new application. In May 2021, we will transition to a new application that will help us better understand the communities we serve in Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- Same funding priorities. While we’ve recently expanded the geographic scope of our philanthropic work, our funding priorities and interest areas will not change because of this new process.
- A more efficient process. The new application and related internal processes will reduce the amount of time between application and decision. Watch our website for updates on upcoming application deadlines.
- Early access. Those who would like to begin preparing now can download a Microsoft Word version of the application questions for general operations grants. This early release will allow you to consider how you might want to approach the application process. (Please note that OBT will have separate applications for different types of grants—general operations, specific programs or projects, fiscal sponsor, etc. While the questions for each of those grant types will vary slightly, the general operations application will contain questions common to all applications.)
- Our current applications. Our current applications are no longer available. And until the new application is released, grant seekers will need to wait to begin or submit a new application.
- A new portal. As you may know, OBT launched a new application portal in July 2020. If you have applied for funding from OBT in the past but have not yet activated your account in the new portal, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request activation.
- For the latest information. If you haven’t already, sign up for Otto Bremer Trust news and select General Announcements.
- More questions? Please visit Common Questions About OBT’s Upcoming New Application Process.
To access your existing applications and grants, log in to the application portal.
If you still have questions after reviewing this information and the Common Questions, please call our office (651-227-8036 or 888-291-1123) and ask to speak with a program officer.
You may also reach our program teams directly by email:
- Minnesota: email@example.com
- Montana: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Dakota: email@example.com
- Wisconsin: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need technical assistance with the portal, send an email to email@example.com.